Monday 23 June 2014

Paint it Happy!

Hi all

Here with my regular Monday inspiration post from over on the My Mums Craft Shop Blog. This week its another free week so I decided to have a play with my new package of goodies from the shop. 

I am a big fan of the Hobby House Toppers and think they make a fabulous card and are just perfect for when I can't be bothered to colour or am short on time - which seems to happen a lot just lately.

So for my card today I used a Topper from one of the designs by Elisabeth Bell - and I just love this little cutie.


I teamed the image with some bright and fresh papers from the MME - Milo Pad (I really do love a blue & yellow combo) and added a few flowers, gems & a button from the £1 Embellishment range. The sentiment is from CC Designs Happy Day - I love the funky font and greetings on this set. I stamped the sentiment onto velum as I have been seeing this look about quite a lot lately and think it looks fab!


*NEW* The Hobby House Elizabeth Bell Toppers - Strawberry Tea*NEW* My Minds Eye 6x6 Paper Pad - Now And Then Milo  *NEW* CC Designs Stamps - AmyR Stamps Happy Day  *NEW* Cabochons & Resin Flowers - Large Roses Mixed  *NEW* MMCS Value Embellishment Packs - Medium Flower Buttons  *NEW* Cabochons & Resin Flowers - Small Roses Mixed 2  *NEW* MMCS Value Embellishment Packs - Coloured Rhinestones

Now the eagled eyed among you may have noticed that one of my cards was blogged on here last week by one of my lovely ADU teamies Tracy. So firstly I would like to say thank you Tracy for helping me out when I was in a pickle - for those that have followed me for a while will know that my daughter Abbie has Cystic Fibrosis - well things haven't been good for her health wise the last couple of months and 2 weeks ago she was admitted into hospital for IV's. I wont go into too much detail but we had a horrendous time while in there as her veins kept collapsing and she really did go through the mill, but we are home now and hopefully she seems to have picked up quite a lot. Anyway I had no wifi in hospital and the lovely Tracy was kind enough to post my card for me. 

On the plus side I also want to tell you about my fabulous & very brave (or possibly mad) cousin who last weekend threw herself out of an areoplane from 10,000 feet up and raised over £1,400 for the CF Trust - we are soooo proud of her, so thought I would show you a couple of pics lol.

before

 During

after (and still smiling lol)

Thanks for popping by my blog today, please do pop on over to the MMCS Blog throughout the week to check out my team mates fabulous creations.

Lyndsey xx

3 comments:

Christine L said...

A gorgeous card hon... colouring and layout just perfect... and WOW to those pics!! She's certainly a BRAVE GIRL - and WELL DONE her!

Big hugs
Christine x

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Lyndsey, love the very cute image and pretty design.

Donna x

lora said...

Your beautiful card! Your coloring is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...