Tuesday 25 June 2013

Domino Crafting

Hi all,

Thought I would pop on today and show you my new creation that I have made trying out something new.

One of my crafty friends' showed me a gorgeous item she had made in a class by altering a domino - I loved it and just had to have a go myself. So after popping along to one of the most fabulous shops I have been to in a long time (I think jewellery making may well be my next hobby/obsession lol!!!!) I got all the bits and pieces I needed and came up with this.


So I started off with a cheap pack of dominoes and drilled a small hole in the top, I then coloured the domino using 3 different alcohol inks and when dry stamped my image with Stazon. I used a bit of Glossy Accents on top just to seal it all. While all that was drying I made the chain and added all the little pearls, charm and clasp. It was a bit fiddly opening and closing the tiny jump rings but I really enjoyed it and think I could well be making a few more, especially for teachers gifts next month etc 

Thanks for popping by my blog today

Lyndsey xx

5 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Very pretty Lyndsey! Love the colour combination and the beads and heart charm look perfect! Susan x

Wishcraft said...

It's gorgeous Lyndsey, looks fabulous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Mary J said...

Just gorgeous honey - you clever thing!

coops said...

this is gorgeous lyndsey.really love the butterfly :D

xx coops xx

Eileen said...

This looks great Lyndsey. Amazing what you can do with a domino and a few beads.
Eileen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...