Saturday 18 August 2012

Vintage Butterflies - DT for Totally Gorjuss

Hi all,

Time for a new challenge over at Totally Gorjuss and this week our theme is

Strings the Thing

We are sponsered by the fabulous


So with this weeks theme I just new I wanted to make a tag and after getting lots of lovely inspiration from Pinterest I came up with this.


I started with a piece of A4 white card 250gsm and cut a tag shape 12cm x 8cm. I then stamped all over with a script stamp and distressed using Antique Linen & Tea Dye. I punched a hole in the top, created an enforcing circle using 2 punches & Kraft cardstock and tied with string.  Next I took a small circular doilie again distressed with Tea Dye chopped in half and stuck to the LH side. A strip of lace was stapled to the bottom and a die cut MD swirl added to the RH side. The butterflies were stamped, coloured using distress inks and cut out and added to the tag with silicone. The flower was created by die cutting 3 different size flowers from the Blossom Nestie from normal copier paper, distressed with Tea Dye, spritzed with water and scunched up before being put togther with a brad. Finally 3 pearl gems were added to the bottom RH corner and I spritzed the whole thing with Glimmer Mist.

I hope you like my creation, I really enjoyed making it and trying something different. Please do pop on over to the Challenge Blog and check out my team mates creations.

Thanks for popping by my blog today.

Lyndsey xx

4 comments:

Riet said...

So wonderful tag Lyndsey.

Hugs Riet.xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

It is a very, very beautiful! Have a great weekend. hugs, Helena

cebelica said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Hugs! xx

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful tag Lyndsey. Gorgeous butterflies and embellishments.
Hugs
Caz x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...