Monday 27 August 2012

Floral Anniversary

Hi all,

I have something of a completely different style for me to show you today, over the last few weeks I have been spending a lot of time on/completely addicted to lol!! yes you guessed it ------ Pintrest. I have been really inspired by the cards there that don't have images on them and use lots of embossing folders and very sort of stampin up style types.

So Sat night when hubby decided to tell me he needed an anniversary card for Sunday morning, which meant it needed to be something quick & simple. I had seen a lovely card on Pintrest and I decided to use it for my inspiration/ well totally cased it really!!. You can find the original card HERE, and here is the one I made.


Now I have to admit mine doesn't look half as good as the original, obviously my supplies were a bit different but when I realised I had the same papers I couldn't help but copy that bit exactly. I also don't know if the original was bigger than mine as I couldn't fit the flowers along the ribbon as there wasn't enough space. So I popped a couple in the corner, which I think look a bit c**p now - never mind.

I definately enjoyed doing it and it was a lot quicker than having to colour an image in and perfect for someone who is not into cute (my normal style) so I think I will be trying some more out. Although probably be doing a lot of casing until I sort of find my own style within that style lol!!

Thanks for popping by my blog today, hope to be back tomorrow with some new samples. I have had a parcel delivered full of gorgeous Trimcraft Christmas goodies to play with.

Lyndsey xx

11 comments:

Unknown said...

wow this is right up my street hun...absoloutly love it hugs sassyxxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the wonderful papers.xxx

Carol Willis said...

This is really pretty Lyndsey, love it.
Hugs
Caz x

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Fab card! I love these papers and colors. hugs, Helena

Shirley Davis (crafter) said...

Utterly gorgeous and now added to my pin-board! Hope that is flattering rather than, um er, well annoying, I suppose.

Hope the recipient(s) loved the card.

Wishcraft said...

Ooh this is lovely Lyndsey, such a pretty card! Hugs, Lisa x

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is beautiful.. Really pretty papers and design

Hugs Kelly

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Lyndsey...really love the papers hun...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lyndsey.


Hugs Riet.xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Just so pretty Lyndsey! Hugs Susan x

Eileen said...

May have been a rush job, but boy have you made a beautiful card. Love the colours you have used and fab layout
Eileen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...