Wednesday 25 April 2012

Lets go fly a kite ........

..... up to the highest heights, lets go fly a kite and send it soaring!!!!.

Sorry got a bit carried away then, just going back to my childhood there, don't you just love the film Mary Poppins.


Anyway today sees a new challenge over at My Mums Craft Shop and this week our theme is

The Great Outdoors

We are sponsered by the fabulous

Pollycraft

So for my card I choose to use this fabulous little image Cuthbert Breezy, which just fitted this theme so perfectly and made a little scene with him.




The papers were a freebie with a mag a while ago and were just exactly what I needed to match the cute little image. I made a little scene with some sky like paper, added a Martha Steward punched fence and a few flowers and a nice bright sun in the sky.

I was really pleased with card once I had finished it (and its another boys card too!!!). I just love the bright colours used - I even coloured the kite to match the ones in the paper. I also just love my fabby little flowers!!

Please do pop on over to the challenge blog and check out my team mates creations this week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto my giveaway from last week - did you guess right? - The inspiration for my card was ....................... Skater Boy by Avril Lavgine.

So I had 19 comments and I got Oli to choose a number and he chose .......................... Number 4 = Jo- Escape to the Craft Room

Please email me at lyndseyturner@hotmail.co.uk with your address and I will send your little prize out to you.

Thanks for popping by my blog today.

Lyndsey xx

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges

Creative Belli - Animals

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Card for a child

Creative Craft Challenge - Animal Antics

Daisy Doodles - One for the boys

Karens Doodles - Something for the kids

14 comments:

Fée des merveilles said...

Waow...
It's wonderful.

Helen said...

Gorgeous, Lyndsey! Hope you're continuing to make a good recovery - look after yourself.

Helen x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Gorgeous card Lyndsey, hope your not flying kites today?? I won't be either as the weather here is dire, cold and wet lol! Love the little ted image and the vibrant colours, Heidi x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is such a bright and happy card Lyndsey love the colours x

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Beautiful card.love your coloring and color for the card.very pretty yellow bow and flowers.

Sue said...

Hi Lyndsey
aww an adorable scene you have made, lovely papers & embelies, great design, sue,x

coops said...

fabulous card lynsey.i love the bright colours and stunning pollycraft image ;D

xx coops xx

StephC said...

Aww, this is adorable! Love the bear. So glad you joined us at the Creative Belli challenge!

Natalie said...

I totally love this card. The colours make it all such fun
Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Lyndsey this is beautiful, vibrant, full of colour and joy, perfect for a child, the papers, design and that cute image look super, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Sentiments this week.
hugs
Lorraine x

paige said...

Adorable card and so well designed! So happy you joined us at Creative Belli!

Lisa Minckler said...

Hi Lyndsey :)
I love your card! There is so much animation and fun happening here. The bold red borders and that yellow bow are wonderful accents to the gorgeous scenery you've created here. A truly special card for ANY child, little or big.

Thank you SO much for playing along with us at Karen’s Doodles for our challenge.
Best of luck to you and we hope to see you again next time!
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Judith said...

This is so cute - thanks for playing along at creative craft challenges this week and good luck hugs Judith x

Shelby said...

This is just as sweet as can be! Love how you've created a scene and the colors work perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles.

Shelby

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...