Wednesday 25 January 2012

A sweet bouquet



Hi all,

I am back finally being able to create my cards for my DT's. Today sees a new challenge over at MMCS and this week the theme is

Flowers.

We are sponsered this week by the fabulous



So if you read my post yesterday you will know that I have been making samples for Trimcraft over the weekend and this little creation I thought would also be perfect for this weeks challenge. I have made a little bouquet of flowers from paper, the design I saw in a craft mag a while ago and although it is very time consuming the results are fabulous and well worth the effort.


Basically each flower consists of five individual petals glued together, which are made by intricately folding squares of paper, in this case I used 5cm sq, 6cm sq and 7cm sq to make them different sizes. I used the First Edition Love Letters paper pad (which you will find here), a bit of green wire for the stems, wrapped it all together in some tissue paper and tied with some pink satin ribbon. There are 8 flowers altogether in my liitle bunch.

I hope you like my creation, please do pop on over to the challenge blog, check out my team mates creations and join in the fun.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.

Hotshot Crafts - Flowers

Incy Wincy Designs - Anything but a card

Lexi's Creations - Fancy Folds

Make My Monday - Nature (flowers and leaves)

Thanks for popping by my blog today.

Lyndsey xx

18 comments:

Joey said...

Lyndsey these are absolutely stunning. Joey x

Anonymous said...

WOW those are AWESOME! love them xx

Sue said...

Hi Lyndsey
wow this is beautiful, stunning creation, sue,x

craftymum said...

gorgeous flowers Lyndsey. You can enter this into Hotshot Crafts challenge too
hugs Sarah x

cebelica said...

Wow hun, these are awesome. I keep saying I will try to make these, but haven't come around to do it yet. Hopefully I'll soon find some time to try these! Hugs!

craftymum said...

Hi Lyndsey
I never realised you had already entered this into HSC challenge when I visited earlier. Thank you for your entry

hugs Sarah x

Donna Mosley said...

ooh! Lyndsey these are so gorgeous.

Donna x

coops said...

wow these are stunning lyndsey.really gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Dena said...

Holy Cow Lyndsey, these are awsome!!! I can't believe they are made of paper; really beautiful!!
Hugs, Dena

Wishcraft said...

They're absolutely gorgeous Lyndsey, love them :o) Lisa x

valen said...

Yep, this is a fancy fold! It is just STUNNING! Thank you for joining us at Lexi´s Creations.Tineke

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Absolutely wonderful! Thank you for entering the Make My Monday challenge this week. Suzanne

Claire Spielman said...

These are way more beautiful than real ones!! Hope you put a tutorial on so we can learn this technique...PLEASE!
New follower
Creative Wishes,
Claire
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card
Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations this fortnight
Love Jan
xx

Jo said...

Stunning flowers, defo fancy folds!!
Thanks for playing at Lexi's Creations this time and good luck!
Jo x
DT

Val said...

This is really pretty and fabulous folds. Thanks for joining us at MMM.
Valx

Donna said...

WOW Lyndsey, this is so beautiful and I can see you have put so much time and effort into creating this, I love visiting your blog there's always oodles of inspiration :) Donna ♥ x

Fliss said...

Very pretty flowers and such a lovely idea.
Thanks for sharing this with us at MMM this week and wishing you good luck.
Fliss x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...