Wednesday 14 December 2011

Muffin Tin Advent



Hi all,

Well its mid week again and that means its time for a new challenge over at My Mums Craft Shop. This week our theme is

Cute & Funky Christmas

We are sponsered by the fabulous



Who are giving the winner 3 images of their choice.

So for my creation this week I have been inspired by a magazine from last year, where the designer had made an advent calendar from a Mini Muffin Tin. I thought the idea was so cool and funky it was perfect for this weeks challenge. Now it didnt come cheap i'll tell you the mini muffin tray was £15, then I spent around £10 on different packs of embellishments, plus £3 for the magnetic tape - thats without the choccys to go in it  and I had to make 2 so the kids had 1 each lol!!!!

Anyway to make it I basically I cut 24 squares from white card (using my nesties so they were all exactlly the same), then die cut 24 smaller squares from co-ordinating papers and added a little embellishment and glittery number onto each square. On the back of the square I have stuck magnetic tape round the edges so that they stick to the tin, but  can also be easily removed to get to the treats. To finish I tied ribbon through the holes at the top and bottom of the tray.


Now I am really sorry about the poor picture quality, I cant seem to get a good shot of it at all - roll on christmas when I can get my new camera!!!. This pic was took on my phone as it came out better than the ones took with my camera - how bad is that lol!!!!!

So I hope you have been inspired by my project, and although time consuming it was very easy to make. Please do pop on over to the challenge blog and check out my team mates creations.

Thanks for popping by my blog today.

Lyndsey xx

5 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Wow, that must have taken ages hun! Love all the details and such a great idea, I bet your kids are thrilled with their special advent calendars :o) Lisa x

Flowergirl said...

Wow! This is fab, such a clever idea. Looks beautiful x
Wendy x

Riet said...

This is so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

wow this is fantastic lyndsey.love it ;D

xx coops xx

SallyB said...

This is gorgeous! What a lovely idea! Thanks for the inspiration and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...