Saturday 26 November 2011

Winter Fairy



Hi all,

The weekend is here and the kids are driving me crazy to put the Christmas Decs up as our neighbour has been putting hers up this week. I am trying to fob them off till next week but not sure how long I will hold off for especially as hubby wants them up too lol!!!

Anyway today we see a new challenge over at Totally Gorjuss and this week the theme is


Sparkle

We are very lucky this week to be sponsered by Sylvia Zet at




Sylvia was also very generous and gave the DT a choice of image to work with. I chose the gorgeous Winter Fairy which you can find HERE, isn't she just so sweet.

So this week instead of a card I decided to make a little tea light holder which I found a fab tutorial for HERE. I then realised that I wouldn't be able to put a proper tea light in obviously cause its made of card!!, so a trip to my local Hobbycraft and I found some fabby little LED candle shaped tea lights perfect!!


Basically the box itself is 10cm square with 1.5cm tabs on and 2 x 10cm pieces of card for the base - 1 on the inside and 1 on the outside. I die cut an aperture out of each side and placed some acetate embossed with a swirly embossing folder in it. The flowers were made with my new Marrianne poinsetta die and I edged them with Stickles to make them sparkle. Then added a couple of Sizzix Swirls behind them.  The image has been coloured with Promarkers and I have added Stickles to her wings and white Flowersoft to the trim on her coat and boots to give them a bit of texture. I have been wanting to do a WOW (white on white) creation for ages now so took the opportunity with this and have to say am very pleased with how it came out and it looks much better and sparkly IRL.

Promakers used

Hair/Robin - Henna, Cinnamon, Tan
Face - Tan, Dusky Pink, Satin
Coat/Boots - China Blue, Denim Blue, Pastel Blue - Rose Pink, Blossom
Holly - Berry Red, Cardinal - Olive Green, Pear Green

And a piccy of it in the dark with the candle lit (turned on lol!!!!)



Please do pop on over to the challenge blog and check out my team mates gorgeous creations.

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges.

My Sheri Crafts - Xmas Decoration

One Stop Craft - Christmas Fairies

Cardmad Fairy's Digi Days - Winter Wonderland (must use digi)

Crafts 4 Eternity - Christmas Decoration

Fairy Tale - Christmas

Totally Papercrafts - Christmas


Thanks for popping by my blog today

Lyndsey xx

15 comments:

Riet said...

This is so wonderful,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Donna said...

Oh wow Lyndsey, your card is amazing and such a pretty design...I was looking at this die in my stash today and didn't have a scoobie what to do with it, your flowers look beautiful :) Donna x

Anonymous said...

hi to all lyndseymariedesigns.blogspot.comers this is my first post and thought i would say hi -
thanks speak soon
g moore

coops said...

oh wow,this is fantastic lyndsey.love the sweet image and icy colours and it looks really gorgeous all lit up.so pretty :D

xx coops xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Gorgeous tea light holder Lyndsey x

pinky said...

Ah thats just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Becky said...

a very nice idea ... love it. thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. hugs, becky

Anonymous said...

It’s so lucky for me to find your blog! So great! Just one suggestion: It will be better and easier to follow if your blog can offer rrs subscription service.

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love this...Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

Marge said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!!!

Charlotte said...

This is just a fabulous idea! I love the colors and the flowers are beautiful!!! Thanks for joining My Sheri Crafts.
Charlotte DT

Bianca said...

Your latern is so very lovely and cute! I love the image and the colours you have used! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Liz said...

Brilliant !!! Thanks for joining us this week at C4E.
Liz

Anonymous said...

Hello
wow this is sweet, this is an amazing tea light holder. The design and colors are stunning.

Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
* Karla **

lalkygirl said...

wow wow wow i have card envy this is truly stunning i love it
thanks for joining us at digi days and good luck
tracey x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...