Monday 21 November 2011

Hello

Hi all,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend, I had fabulous Friday night - first we went out for a meal with my cousin for her birthday and had some delishious food, then I dropped the kids off round my friends and while her hubby babysat we went to see the new Twilight film at the cinema. OMG it was fantastic and well worth the wait loved it so much - Team Edward!!!!! so lush!!.

Sat I then had a rather productive day in the house - did all the washing and ironing and cleaned from top to bottom, thinking that I could then have a full day of crafting on Sun. Unfortunately this was not too be poor Abbie had me up most of the night with sickness, it was that bad I have had to throw away my quilt and pillows and get new ones on Sunday. In the end we had gone through all my spare sheets, the quilt and pillows were soaked through and we were sleeping on a bare mattress with Transfomer & Hello Kitty fleeces over us. Then yesterday still not feeling well she was very clingy so sat mostly on the sofa with her on my lap, we are keeping her off school today just to be on the safe side, luckily Rich is off work for the next couple of days and so her can look after her today while I teach class.

Anyway a while ago we were given some free images from Heather Ellis for a challenge over at MMCS, when I was originally making my card I coloured up 2 images as I couldn't decide which one to use. So todays card uses the image I coloured and didn't use. I have teamed her with some fabby MME papers and kept the design quite simple with just a bit of ribbon and a couple of punched flowers to finish. The tag sentiment is from Little Claire which I got from the NEC, they are so cute.


I cant seem to get a decent pic at the moment, and I have noticed that my pictures seem to have a yellow tinge at the bottom. Think my camera is on the way out but its a fair few years old so cant complain, hubby has offered to get me a new one for xmas so have been looking at a few online yesterday. I think I have finally made my mind up which one I want after looking at all the features - but guess what was the most important feature ----------------------- yes I want a pink one lol!!! Rich was just rolling his eyes at me everytime he saw a good one and I was like yeah!! but its not pink.

Have you noticed I also got a bit technical over the weekend and created me a pretty new watermark in Paint.Net. Couldn't believe how easy it was really and don't know why I haven't done it before lol!!

Anyway after I have bored you silly thanks for popping by my blog today, will be back tomorrow with a couple of christmas cards I have made as samples for Trimcraft.

Lyndsey xx

7 comments:

Sue said...

Hi hun
hope Abbie is feeling better, totally adorable card, fab colouring, pretty papers & design, luv the little hello tag, sue,x

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous card, coloured up images are great for cards like this. I hope Abbie is feeling better soon, and your card class goes well

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Lyndsey.....

hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

so gorgeous lymdsey.your papers and design are fab and i love the sweet image :D
how did you create your watermark.i use paint.net but have to add my name to every pic.

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable cute card Lyndsey, its gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Marie said...

Great image. I am not very experienced with colouring stamps so I am always on the look out for simple images to gain a bit of confidence with. Well done with the watermark too. I will have to check out paint.net (at the moment I use photobucket) ... and fingers crossed for the new camera. My old mobile phone doesn't work as a phone any more but has an excellent camera, and I use my scanner if the card is quite flat.

♥Gemma♥ said...

Its absolutely adorable sweetie & great colours too!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...