Saturday 15 October 2011

Totally Gorjuss - BINGO!!!!

Hi all,

Well I have had a lovely few days away, the weather has been brilliiant and the site we stayed at was great with plenty of stuff going on. The caravan was better than expected and nice and clean (which is always a bonus) and the kids mostly behaved themsleves!!!. I even managed to find a little craft shop in Weston-Super-Mare and have a little crafty spend. I feel a lot less stressed and ready to face the challenges of next week in emptying the shop ready to hand the lease back to the council - worse part is they want me to re-plaster and paint it before I hand it back. I took the lease on as a going concern from the last owners and took the shop over as it stood, because I am now giving it back to the council they have said that the premises are not in an acceptable contition and I now have to do all this work - bloomin cheek if you ask me. Mind you now I have started to take down the massive cupboards that have all been screwed to the wall they do look a mess - so if you want to grab a brush and come over feel free!!!!



Anyway I do have some good news, while I was away I had an email with some exciting news - I have been asked to join Totally Gorjuss as a Guest Gorjussette for the next 6 months - way cool!!!. I applied a while ago and didnt really expect to hear anything so was very chuffed and honored to be asked to join them.

So the challenge goes live today and I only got back from my hols yesterday - whats a girl to do - well the washing and ironing was left in a pile for today and last night I got crafty.

My first challenge for them is BINGO! - over on the challenge blog you will see a bingo card and you need to choose a line to follow. I chose the diagonal line of Flowers, Buttons, Bow and made this sweet little card/box. The box folds flat for posting and is held shut with a wrap around band, once the band is removed the box can be opened up to reveal a small gift (such as bracelet, necklace, earings etc) or just a message. I've left mine as a box as I will have a use for it soon.



The image is a cute Nellie Snellen stamp and I have coloured her with promarkers (now Abbie was helping me and the pens kept getting put back in the box to keep them tidy!!!) so dont have a list of colours.
I have added a punched border to the underside of the opening to make it look pretty and finished it off with a bit of organza ribbon and papermania flowers & buttons.

Thank you for popping by the blog today, and for popping by to see my scheduled posts during the week gone. I am hopefully going to have a massive catch up with you all this weekend, do pop over to the TG challenge blog if you get the chance and join in the fun - we are sponsered this week by Simon Says Stamp.

A little reminder also you only have a couple of days to enter the Wild Rose Studio Blog Hop. You can win the fabbby stamp I used on my card and also be entered into the draw to win a fabby prize on the WRS blog. You will find all the details in my post HERE.

Lyndsey xx

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ya, Me again! tehehehee.. Just want to say Hi and what a lovely card! so pretty! and look forward to working with you on Totally Gorjuss, Samantha :0)

Donna said...

Stunning card Lyndsey and so beautiful in purple, magnificent design, not seen one of these before :) Donna ♥ x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Wow..its stunning sweetie, love the design & gorgeous colours you have used :D
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Diane's Card Designs said...

Hooray, your back!!! We have missed you Lyndsey.
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE DT NEWS!!! Can't wait to see your work, their lucky to have you.
Love the gift box, such a cute image and coloured beautifully. I'll have to get my instructions out and have have another go of one of these boxes....woops!!! Forgot how we made them now....lol
Have a lovely weekend and see you soon!
Diane xx

Vicky said...

So pretty Lyndsey....

big hugs Vicky xx

Sharon said...

What a stunning box Lyndsey. Welcome to the TG DT. Am going to enjoy working with you, hugs Sharon (TG DT)

coops said...

huge congrats on your dt news hun and so pleased you are feeling less stressed.
i love your card, the image is so sweet and i love your pretty colours and design :D

xx coops xx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Lyndsey, love the gorgeous image and very pretty colours. A really fab design, love it!

Donna x

Mary J said...

So lovely Lyndsey, gorgeous colouring!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Congratulations Lyndsey that is brilliant news for you. Your box is so lovely I'm sure someone will be totally delighted to receive it x

Bingo Maker said...

Gorgeous card Fleur, love your colour theme, your flowers always look so perfect, lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...