Monday 5 September 2011

Just a Girl

Hi all,

Well finally I have a post, sorry I havent been round for ages things have been hetic around here for the last few months.
Things have also been happening here that have basically left me with no time or inclin to craft anyway.
Well I have finally made a decision regarding things here and I have decided to close my shop, it has been a very disapointing 6 months for sales and things have not gone to plan so after just 2 years I have called it a day.
It has been a very stressfull time for myself and my family but we are starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel and the shop should be closed within the next few weeks.
I will continue to teach my cardmaking classes, but other than that have no idea as to what I am going to be doing, hopefully I will get some freelance design work that I used to do before for magazines and stuff. It will also mean that I will have time for non work crafting and I can get crafty and hopefully get my mojo back.

Anyway today is my BF's birthday and there was no way I was going to give her a shop brought card, so I dug my stuff out last night and came up with this card. Its quite simple in design and I havent gone OTT with embellies but I like it. Infact I liked the image and colour combo that much it was my inspiration for this weeks class card.



The image is an old SN Gorjuss Girl and she is my fave, just plain and simple but lovely to colour. I have coloured her with Poly's, I do use PM's too but keep forgetting and leaving them down the shop - I love the difference you get with your colouring by using different mediums.
The flowers are an X-Cut punch and a bit of organza ribbon to finish.

Thanks for popping by my blog today, hopefully this post will be the start of many.

Lyndsey xx

9 comments:

craftymum said...

lovely card Lyndsey
I have been away and was sorry to hear about the shop. I was really shocked. I popped in today ( bought some stamps) but you weren't in.
Wishing you and your family all the best for the future
Sarah x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Hi Lyndsey, it's lovely to see you back in blogland we have all missed you.
Your card is gorgeous love all the detail and embellies. Your BF is one lucky lady.
I really enjoyed class today. The card was STUNNING! Can't wait to do my homework....lol.
Have a lovely evening!
Diane xx

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Lyndsey...and it's lovely to see you back hun...

Sorry to hear about your shop..hope things settle down soon for you sweetie :o)

sending big hugs Vicky xx

Lisa said...

Hi Lyndsey, Gorgeous card! Love the image and lovely papers/colour combo.

So sorry to hear you have decided to close your shop.

Wishing you all the very best for the future.

Lisa x

Sue said...

Hi Lyndsey
sorry you have not had a good time and are having to close your shop.
Totally gorgeous card, awesome colouring, pretty papers & embelies, sue,x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Lyndsey, I'm so sorry to hear about the shop hun, it must be so hard these days to run a business. Love this gorgeous card, fab colouring with the polys and it's great to have you back.

Donna x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi hun, so glad to see you back but sad to hear your news. Here's to the future and lots more good things are on their way, I am sure! Gorguss card lol! Beautiful colours and layout. Take care and looking forware to blogging again with you, Heidi xx

debby4000 said...

Sorry to hear about your shop but as one door closes another opens(hope it opens soon) so wish you all the best in the future.
Love your card.
luv
debby

coops said...

stunning card lyndsey.the image is gorgeous and i really love your colours and papers.
so sorry things have been tough and that you have had to close you shop but you have to do what is right for you and your family.
take care.

xx coops xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...