Friday 23 September 2011

Fairy birthday wishes

Hi all,

Firstly I would like to thank you to all those who are leaving me lovely comments about my cards, it really means a lot and helps keep me cheered up during this difficult time with the shop and everything. Also we seem to be going through a tough time as a family at the moment, but yesterday it seems that someone has finally shone a light on us. We have been waiting for very important test results to come through and they both came back all clear yesterday - firstly my nan was being tested for Bowel Cancer and then my sister who is only 31 had a massive scare with Breast Cancer and had to have a biopsy, we have all been so worried while waiting for results but luckly everything has came back clear on both accounts and we feel very thankful.

I managed to stamp and colour a few images in the shop yesterday as it was quiet, and this one I actually made into a card. I have used a fabulous Nellie Snellen - Sweet Elin fairy stamp, coloured with promakers and teamed her with MME papers. The swirls are a Marienne Die and the little flowers are Prima. A bit of Dovecraft ribbon and a Craftwork Cards sentiment to finish. All the matts have been cut out using Spellbinders and my Big Shot. The card base is a Simple Stepper - which I will pop on the Tutorial Blog soon if anyone is interested.



Promakers used

Skin - Coral, Dusky Pink, Satin
Hair - Cinammon, Tan, Sandstone
Dress - Antique Pink, Dusky Rose, Blossom
Flower - Blue Pearl, Pastel Blue, Olive Green

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges


Flutterby Wednesdays - Butterfly, Fairy or Angels

Simon Says Stamp - Dies/Punches

Top Tip Tuesday - Kids Cards

Thanks for popping by my blog today

Lyndsey xx


14 comments:

THERESA said...

Awwwwwww, she is so cute and you made a perfect card, it all just fits together,love it!!!
So glad the tests are all clear, one needs a bit of sunshine in one's life, hope the ray will stay with you!!!
lotsa luv and hugs

Bettina L. said...

Wow this is a beautiful centre step card. Love those fabolous colours and those swirls. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for another challenge. Bettina x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow Lyndsey love your new blog.
Glad the test results are all clear. Your card is gorgeous! One of my favourite designs. Love the cute image and those swirls are very effective.
Have a lovely weekend!
Diane xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This ia a really lovely card Lyndsey. I'm so glad you have had some good news, I can understand what you are going through I am as well at the moment and card making does help doesn't it? thanks for sharing your lovely creations xx

craftymum said...

So glad you have had some good news Lyndsey

I love this card of yours. The papers are gorgeous

hugs sarah x

Elaine Stark said...

A fabulous card. I just love it. Lovely to hear good news and a big relief. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Mary J said...

Just gorgeous Lyndsey - I must have this cutie now! A tute on that card would be fab - been meaning to do one!

So pleased you have heard good news about the family - it must have been an awful time waiting

Mary J xxx

Harriet Skelly said...

This is a beautiful and adorable center step card!! Love the colors! Thanks for playing with FBW!

coops said...

wow this is fabulous lyndsey.gorgeous image and colours and i love the fab shape :D

xx coops xx

Annette said...

Good news on all the test results honey. That much be such a relief. Love this sweet card, it is so pretty and a great fold. Thanks for joining our kids challenge at Top Tip Tuesday. ps - I have candy if you're interested in entering.
Annette xx

Sarpreet said...

hi Lyndsey, So pleased to hear the good news. Must have been a real scarey time.

This card is gorgeous. I like the different look, makes a change to all the square cards out there.

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness Lyndsey this is adorable, so very sweet and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our punches & / or dies challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Anonymous said...

Hi ya, Please to hear your nan and sisters results were both clear!! phew! Love your card sooooo cute!! love the swirls too! Thanks coming to play with us this week for the one for the Kids Challenge @ Top Tip Tuesday and I hope you can come and play again soon, Hugs Samantha

Danni said...

So super cute and sweet!! Fabulous job! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...