Thursday 21 April 2011

Stamping with Bleach

Hi all,

I mentioned in my last post that I had been getting messy with Distress Inks and Bleach with my classes. So I thought I would show you a couple of the cards today. I always make one up as a sample on the Sun night then I take my ladies step by step through with each class. By the end of the week I end up with five almost identical cards which I then sell off for Abbie's Charity at a £1 each if they are not too grubby from being handled lol!!.




Basically a piece of white card had been coloured with 2-3 Distress Inks, the image (Penny Black) has been inked up with bleach and stamped on top. This takes the colour away and produced this fabulous effect. The whole thing has then been matted onto a piece of black card and tied with Raffia before being attached to the card blank. Simple but effect dont you think?

Thanks for popping by my blog today

Lyndsey xx

13 comments:

Alenka***** said...

Beautiful!!!

Donna said...

Stunning cards Lyndsey and such beautiful bold colours! Have a fab Easter weekend :) Donna x

Mary J said...

They are soooo cool Lyndsey! I love that technique - gotta try it!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, thess are gorgeous, love the image and the colours are just perfect, big hugs pops x

Vicky said...

Simple but very effective Lyndsey...and I love all the colours too hun..

have a lovely easter..hugs Vicky xx

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! very effective Lyndsey, love this technique. Fab colours and love the raffia bow.

Donna x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Lyndsey.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

these look fantastic lyndsey.i love the effect of the bleach, stunning :D

xx coops xx

Wishcraft said...

Such gorgeous cards! Love the colours and fab technique :o) Lisa x

Emma said...

All beautiful cards Lyndsey.
Thank you for your congrats on our baby news.
Hugs Emma x

Misty said...

Beautiful! But doesn't the bleach harm the stamps?
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Lindsey said...

Ooooooh these are fab! love 'em!
Linds x

Kaz said...

WOW....these look fabulous! Love the effect. I must have a play with this technique.
Kaz x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...