Friday 8 May 2009

Abbie Update

First of all I would really like to thank all of you who left a comment for Abbie, it really makes you realise the friends you gain in this blogging world.
Thought I would give you a little update, if you a tickle stomach look away now!!!!!
Abbie was taken back in last night (thursday) with bad stomach cramps, high temp & ugly rash. They have determined that she defiantely has a viral infection and possibly a water infection test results were inconclusive on the ward and have been sent down to the lab. However thats not the worst news, as you know she has cystic fibrosis and part of that condition affects her bowel movements. Her movements are much thicker and mucusy than ours and if her meds arent working properly it will cause problems, as it can turn to something that is very much like old sticky chewing gum. After a long story cut short (wont bore you with the details) and xrays this morning it appeared that she had a blockage in the bowel/intestine, now this is what she had when she was born and had to have an operation to remove the blockage. Her consultant is hoping that we have caught it in the early stages and we have been sent home today with various medicines to hopefully break down the blockage, so it can travel through the system. We have to go back up on Tue for her consultant to check her over and see if they have worked, if not then she will probably have an operation. So fingers crossed!!!!!!!
Lyndsey xx

14 comments:

Sally said...

Oh Lyndsey,
Give Abbie a big hug for me. I will pray that she will not have to have surgery. I am so sorry she is having to go through all this pain. It makes my heart ache so for her

Lisa said...

Hi Lyndsey, So sorry to hear little Abbie is still poorly. Will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you. Hugs xx

Tab said...

Oh hun, sorry to hear that Abbie is so poorly, fingers crossed that the blockage goes away by Tues! Give the poor little mite a hug and kiss from me, I will keep you all in my thoughts!
Much love
Tab xxx

Anonymous said...

Awwwww Lynds, give abbie a big hug from me!!! i hope the meds make her better and she doesn't have to have any op's or anything like that!!! xxx

Joey said...

Hiya Lyndsey hun so sorry I didnt realise your little one was so poorly hun, love her, and big hugs to you. I do hope the meds they have given will break it all down for her. Joey.xxx

Vee said...

Hi Lyndsey just popped in to send you and Abbie big Hugs. I hope she is feeling loads better and the medication works for her. I know what it's like to have a child that needs special attention especially when they become ill. You are all in my thoughts and prayers hope Abbie has a speedie recovery. Look after yourself too.
xx Hugs Vee

Joy said...

Hi Lyndsey, I am so sorry that little Abbie is poorly. I hope the meds they have given clear the blockage and I hope she is back to normal very soon. You take care hun.

Joy xx

Sarpreet said...

so sad to hear, really hope everything turns out well, keep us updated

Mrs Wonka said...

Big squidgy hugs to you all, I hope these meds work!
Z xxx

Kim. said...

Aaah bless her, Abbie is such a little fighter. I hope the medication works and she does not have to have the op but if she does I am sure it will be for the best.
Thinking of you all.
Kim xXx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Lyndsey, what a week you have had! Fingers crossed for Abbi, hope your ok after all of the stress? Take care hun, thinking of you Heidi xxx

Anonymous said...

Hope Abbie is up and well soon. I know what problems little ones can have with bowels and intestines as my niece has suffered all her life with problems. she is now 13 and unbelievably thin as she is too scared to eat because of the problems it causes her. Hope things turn out well for you.
Love Sarah XXX
p.s. went ti the shop yesterday and bought M.S. Punch

Bubbles said...

Oh bless her little heart, must be awful for you all. Got everything crossed that the medicines work.
Joanne x

Fern said...

Hi Lyndsey.
Give so sad to hear....
Hope the meds do her good, and the blockage clears away soon xx
My fingers are crossed for you.

Best Wishes,
Fern xx

Ps. Been extremely naughty, and popped into Ashmoore today.
Ending up buying one of the new MSBP... opps! With a few other bits and bobs. :O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...