Friday 10 April 2009

A very excited woman in the isles of Asda!!!

Do you remember me telling you ages ago that I had been asked to make a card for a magazine. Well it comes out on sale on 14th April, but whilst in Asda today I noticed it on the shelf. Well I had the plastic bag off it in about 2 seconds flat I was so excited, I think they thought I had gone mad. Oli and Abbie were there with me and they were jumping up and down and making a bit of noise, Abbie mostly cause she could see her cousin katie's piccy. She then took that mag off me and went running down the isle shouting DAD!!! DAD!!! look at Katie.

The card I made was nothing majorly special, basically I had to make a card that would be suitable for a child to make with adult help and then get a child to make it following my instructions. This is where I roped my niece into it, I then had to take pics of Katie whilst she was making the card and then send the card and pics off to the mag.

Here is a pic of the page in the mag Cardmaking and Papercraft. It is just such a thrill to see something of mine in print and my name there on the page, and then when I looked in the front of the mag my name was listed under the designers !!!!



I am now hoping and praying that this will not be the one and only card I get asked to make. Hope you like.

Lyndsey xx

18 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Lyndsey, I bought this mag today and was looking through it with my daughter. When she spotted your card she said how nice it was and asked if we could make one together which we are going to do on Sunday. x

katy said...

Well Done Lyndsey it looks fab :) xx

Donnas Den said...

You must be thrilled, Lyndsey. How did it happen that you were asked to submit a card?

Donna

Joy said...

Congratulations Lyndsey, really fab news, the card looks great, the pictures are great...can I have your autograph lol.

Joy xx

Joey said...

whoop whoop! hun grining from ear to ear for you! congrats.xxxx

Enfys said...

Hiya Lyndsey,
great card, what mag is it in? We'll all bombard the editor with praise and then you'll get truckloads of commissions :)
Have a lovely Easter weekend
hgs
Enfys xx

Kim. said...

Well done Lyndsey, I hope you get lots more chances to design for them as this card is really lovely.
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lyndsey! So chuffed for you.
Erin x

Emma said...

Wow brilliant Lyndsey....gorgeous card and hope its one of many your get published.
Emma x

Sue said...

aww thats brill Lyndsey, congrats, have great weekend, sue.x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Well done you!!! Am so excited for you, am going to go and get myself a copy. Take care and have a lovely Easter, hugs Heidi xxx

Lynsey said...

Wow Lyndsey, its great to see your work in print! I will have to buy this and have a closer look!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Tara said...

Oh Lyndsey this is fantastic! You must have felt so proud! I can just imagine the cufuffle in Asda - hilarious!! xx

simplyfairies said...

Wow how fabulous and a beautiful card too!! That were exactly how I felt on my first article, infact I went ot pay for mine three times and couldn't with all the excitement...lol

well done Katie...

cats whiskers said...

Oh Congrats to you both, how fabulous for your niece and what a great v isit to Asdas that must have been
Hugs Jacqui x

Jill said...

congratulations Lyndsey, so pleased for you well done hugs Jill xx

Janet said...

Congratulations! Who's a clever girl?...well done!X

Anonymous said...

aaaawwww congrats hunni xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...