Thursday 1 January 2009

Sketch Saturday

Hello everyone and Happy New Year to you all. Did any of you go out and have a few drinkies last night. I did and really enjoyed myself, I didnt get drunk as I dont like to be when I have the kids, but I did have enough so as I couldnt drive so stayed at my moms which is about 10 mins from the club we went to. It is a real family night for us on new years eve and there was about 20 of us, we all took some party food and a good night was had by all.

I have not done any crafting over christmas and my have I had withdrawal symptons, but I had promised my hubby I wouldnt so I didnt. However we are in the new year now and there is no stopping me. I didnt have much crafty stuff for xmas as hubby says I spend enough on it during the year so he wouldnt get me anything for xmas. However he did surprise me with a proper crafting lamp with daylight bulb that I had been dropping hints about for ages. Then my MIL got me a little sewing machine as I have been saying I wanted to try sewing on my cards, well so far I have fetched it out the box, looked at it, looked at the intructions and given up. I think I will wait till Oli back at school then have a proper look at it. So tonight I have been beavering away under my new lamp trying to catch up on some challenges. This card is for the Sketch Saturday Open challenge where you choose your favorite sketch. I havent been doing them for that long, only since they got into the twenty somethings, so I had a look through and decided to have a go at number 19.




The Tilda image was kindly sent to me by the lovely Lynsey coloured in using Whispers pens, the papers are Basic Grey Granola, Papermania sentiement and lace from my shop.

Lyndsey xx

4 comments:

Mrs Wonka said...

WHat a pretty card, can't wait to see your stitched creations!

Mrs W x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

I love the image, the papers, the lace - everything! All goes together wonderfully. Looking forward to seeing what you make with stitching on, bring it on! Heidi xxx

amanda stokes said...

Lee bought me one of those sewing machines last christmas and i still have'nt used it lol.maybe when you've got the hang you can give me lessons.amanda xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Lyndsey, your card is lovely! You have coloured the image in beautifully! I hope you had a nice Christmas.
Hugs Lynsey :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...