Friday 9 January 2009

Exciting news & a challenge

Ok first I will start with my exciting news, well I think I am a little more scared than excited, but I am excited all the same. My boss came over the shop whilst I was there on Wednesday and had a look at my new cards that I had made, as I put them in the shop for inspiration. She couldnt believe that they were so good (her words not mine). She then saw the Forever Friends samples I had made and was really chuffed with them. Now for the exciting part, she has only gone and asked me if I will demo at the shop,and do a different theme every couple of months. Now I love demo days as they are fab, but we always have a professional demonstrator in either from Docrafts or Trimcrafts. So I was highly honoured when she said that my creations were just as good as those that she has seen from these professional demonstrators. She also loved that I had been using bits & bobs from the haberdashery side of the shop on my cards, and how I have been decorating the insides. So i have agreed and do my first one on Sat 31st Jan (she doesnt like to hang on with things my boss), so I am as I said very excited and scared and hope that people will be interested. Now for the Challenge, the Roses on Paper Challenge blog have a colour theme this week which is White, Green & Purple, so after fetching the new Papermania collection papers this week I though I would use those as they fit the bill perfectly. Now I have done a cardnial sin with these,as we wont be getting them in from docrafts till the end of the month, and I so wanted them I went elsewhere naughty I know, but a girls goto have her stuff!!!.



The image is Tilda sent to me by the lovely Heidi, the papers are Papermania spring burst, Sizzix card stock and the fab flowers are from Poppicrafts which I got with the voucher I won from the lovely Dawny P. Ribbon from stash. I have also reused the sketch from A Spoon Full of Sugar blog which I really liked, and wanted to make another card using it.

The Inside


I have decorated the inside quite plainly, and the sentiment sq in the middle is actually one the the Notlets again from the Papermania spring burst collection.


Lyndsey xx

12 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Lyndsey, that is fabulous news! well done hun!. gorgeous card might have to take a peek in at this challenge too lol.xxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Lyndsey, i am not at all surprised by your news hunny. Your cards are fantastic, and im sure they more than match any professional demonstrators!! Your card is here simply gorgeous and those new papers are stunning. I am so desperate to buy them, but im trying to be good. I will need to sit on my hands for a while till the urge to buy passes?!?! Looking forward to see the card that you will be deomnstrating. Have fun designing it hunny. Hugs Linda x

Lisa said...

Hi Lyndsey, Congratulations on being asked to demonstrate in the shop. I think I would also be a little scared. I was recently asked by Clare Curd to make some cards for the Docrafts magazine and that was scary but not as scary as having to make them in front of people. Anyway I am sure you will be fine. Your card is gorgeous. They were the papers I had to make the Docrafts cards with and they are all so lovely. x

Lisa said...

Hi Lyndsey, I have left something on my blog for you. x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Well done hun, what super news! I remember when I did mine, I was so nervous and didn't like me samples, but you have to just get on with it. Don't show the customers that your nervous. I can't wait to see what MORE great cards you make. Remember to enjoy yourself, the rest will come easy. This little card is scrummy, I just love the colours and image hun, great little card xxxxx

Anki said...

Cute card and congratulations on your new assignement. You will do great. Thank you for joining us at RoP. Kram - Anki

Lynsey said...

Wow Lyndsey what great news! I'm am so pleased for you, you must let us all know how you get on!
Hugs Lynsey:)

stampingtink said...

What a cute card! I love the papers and the flowers are great! You color so beautifully! Congratulations on your new assignments! Sounds like great fun! Thanks so much for joining our challenge and good luck!

Janet said...

Oh Wow! well done chuck!Not surprised at all your work is fab!

I might come and see you :) X

Felis_bunte_Welt said...

Your card is wonderful I love this Tilda.

Peta said...

This card is adorable - thanks for playing along with us. Good Luck.

gina g said...

wow that's great news Lyndsey well done, and the card is beautiful love the papers think i might have to get them lol. gina xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...